Tuesday, June 26, 2007

650,000 Frequent Flier Miles, a Baby and a New Project

Once upon a time, I traveled Monday through Thursday, racking up FF miles and airline status.....then I had a baby and I stopped traveling like a MAD WOMAN for the better part of 6 months.

Fast forward to May 2007....

I used to be a Continental Airlines loyalist, well I still am but they don't fly direct to Columbus, OH so I was forced to change airlines...to Delta....

While I still have hundreds of thousands airline miles, long gone are the days of status....no more First Class with warmed cashews in ramekins, I am in the back of the bus, in what I like to call cattle class.

During Delta's Chapter 11 reorganization, they eliminated all amenities and started charging for everything. No pillows on flights, no free alcoholic beverages on international flights...it was horrible. As a spoiled Continental Business traveler, I avoided Delta like the plague. Now I have no choice but to fly them.

On April 30, 2007, Delta emerged from a 19 month restructuring plan and I have to say, for the most part I am impressed. Gone are the elitist attitudes of its employees. Each week I am greeted with the sort of customer service I expected and received when I had Platinum status AND they have brought back snacks, not just Peanuts or Pretzels but an array of fat laden goodies for my 2+ hour flight. Delta travelers now have a choice of 5 snacks:


  1. Cheese Crackers
  2. Peanuts (of course)
  3. Biscoff Cookies (excellent with coffee)
  4. Oatmeal Bars

    Some may ask, is this over doing it? I say no! Bring on the variety!



    Only 7,500 miles to go until Silver Status on Delta....

No comments: